If we go over some of the health benefits of turmeric, the top ten according to life botanicals are:
1) Helps Arthritis & Joint Pain
2) Reduces Chronic Inflammation
3) Aids Weight Loss
4) Improves Skin Health
5) Natural Blood Thinner
6) Helps Fight Disease & Chronic Conditions
7) Enhances Brain Function
8) Improves Allergies & Asthma
9) Aids in Liver Detoxification
10) Helps Headaches & Migraines
This is quite the list and the further benefits apply to anxiety & depression. Several studies have shown that turmeric can affect neurotransmitter balance in the brain, meaning it can reduce anxiety & depression.
The curcumin seems to have an effect on serotonin & dopamine which play a big role as an antidepressant.
With that said it could be used along with a treatment for depression & anxiety.
For further reading click here: